Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The manuscript is anonymized for blind peer review.
- You acknowledge that if you are invited to revise and resubmit your manuscript, you will be asked to resubmit the manuscript using a template that the journal will provide.
Journal priority areas
- Child exploitation and non-consensual intimate imagery
- Suicide and self-harm
- Incitement and terrorism
- Hate speech and harassment
- Spam and fraud
- Misinformation and disinformation
There is no word count minimum nor maximum. You may submit a manuscript directly through this site, or submit a letter of inquiry first.
Letters of inquiry
Authors may submit letters of inquiry to assess whether the manuscript is a good fit for the journal. Letters can be emailed to email@example.com, should not exceed 500 words, and should answer the following questions:
- What is the research question or problem being addressed?
- What data is being used to answer this question? Please provide detail on how the dataset (whether qualitative or quantitative) was constructed and what it is representative of.
- What analysis is being done on the dataset?
- If the topic is not in one of our priority areas, how does this research relate to online trust and safety?
- What is the name, highest degree, and current institutional affiliation for all authors?
The deadline for submissions for the second issue of the Journal of Online Trust and Safety is November 1, 2021. Desk decisions will be made by November 3, 2021. The issue will be published in February 2022.
The deadline for submissions for the third issue is March 31, 2022. Desk decisions will be made by April 3, 2022. The issue will be published in August 2022.
We invite letters, editorials, or research that is not a good fit for the peer-review section of the journal. There is no word count minimum nor maximum.